Author Posts

April 26, 2017 at 9:43 am

Animation can be plenty of fun! It’s even more fun when you get paid doing what you love. But the opportunities to earn an income by animating are not always easy to find. Here we intend to share ideas on how we can locate and/or create these opportunities to make our craft more profitable. Your ideas are welcome!

April 28, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Education! Yes. That’s it! Ever wondered how and why children love animated stories? I kept wondering but never got to the right answer. (Well, that was an absolute waste of time anyway). While I was wondering why children below the age of 10 are so in love in animated stories, I then knew why anyone who wants to pass any information to kids would do so using animated characters and the likes. My nephew was and is still is a Ben Ten fan till today. He is about 11! I bet if Ben Ten had said 2 plus 2 equals 10, it would have been quite difficult to convince him otherwise.

Having established the fact that children love animated stories, we also need to establish the business case for this. Do we even need to? Isn’t it obvious? Do we know how many stories an animator can create from a simple Maths topic like addition and subtraction of numbers? “Are you pondering what I am pondering”? Yes. That’s just a topic in Maths. How many subjects do these kids take in a class? Wow! How many topics per subject? How many classes? Woah! It’s endless!

So we have enough to be busy with. Where does the income come from? Animators can partner with schools to provide content for classroom. Animators can partner with classroom device manufacturers to provide content for their various devices. Well, I’ll stop here for now. I’m sure I’ve rattled your minds a little.

April 28, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Education! Yes. That’s it! Ever wondered how and why children love animated stories? I kept wondering but never got to the right answer. (Well, that was an absolute waste of time anyway). While I was wondering why children below the age of 10 are so in love in animated stories, I then knew why anyone who wants to pass any information to kids would do so using animated characters and the likes. My nephew was and is still is a Ben Ten fan till today. He is about 11! I bet if Ben Ten had said 2 plus 2 equals 10, it would have been quite difficult to convince him otherwise.

Having established the fact that children love animated stories, we also need to establish the business case for this. Do we even need to? Isn’t it obvious? Do we know how many stories an animator can create from a simple Maths topic like addition and subtraction of numbers? “Are you pondering what I am pondering”? Yes. That’s just a topic in Maths. How many subjects do these kids take in a class? Wow! How many topics per subject? How many classes? Woah! It’s endless!

So we have enough to be busy with. Where does the income come from? Animators can partner with schools to provide content for classroom. Animators can partner with classroom device manufacturers to provide content for their various devices. Well, I’ll stop here for now. I’m sure I’ve rattled your minds a little.